BY REBECCA BENNETT — Updated at 2:43 p.m. Snow is accumulating this Thursday morning, March 5, after the National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning for the Washington, D.C. metro region with snow totals predicted from four to eight inches by later today.
Here’s a list of what’s open and what’s not, and we’ll update the list as we get new information:
- Federal offices
- Prince George’s County government offices
- Prince George’s County Public Schools
- Maryland-National Capital Parks facilities and offices
- City of Hyattsville government offices
- Brentwood Town Hall
- Hyattsville Branch Library, as well as all county libraries
- Franklin’s Restaurant, Brewery and General Store
- Metro Access
- Starbucks on Belcrest Road
- Candace Hollingsworth campaign event
- Big Bad Woof Hyattsville location, Takoma park location open until 1 p.m.
- Lova Yoga classes
- Tanglewood Works
- Yoga Space classes
- L.A. Fitness
- Hyattsville Citizens Police Academy
- Prince George’s County trash collection
- 1:30 p.m. update: Riverdale Farmer’s Market is closed
- Prince George’s County District 2 Budget Listening Session
- Mall at Prince Georges closes at 2 p.m.
- Yes! Organic Market
- Busboys and Poets
- Giant on East West Highway
- Metrorail, but Metro Bus is on a moderate snow plan, to suspend bus service at 9 p.m.
- Target is open, as is the Starbucks inside
- Home Depot
- Both Hamilton Street 7-Elevens
- Shortcake Bakery
- CVS on East West Highway
- Rite Aid in Riverdale
- Vigilante Coffee
- St. Jerome’s Homeless Cafe will be open and serving lunch at 12:30 as usual
- Arrow Bicycle is open until 2:30 p.m.
- Spice 6 until 6:30 p.m.
See something closed or not open, but not on our list? Email email@example.com.