Interested in writing for the Hyattsville Life & Times?
Greetings future HL&T Staff member,
Thank you for your interest in writing and taking photos for the Hyattsville Life & Times. When I moved to Hyattsville in 2013, I was a young professional looking for a home and what I found was a community.
The Hyattsville Life & Times consists of a monthly publication that is distributed to residents within the City of Hyattsville and our website, HyattsvilleLife.com.
We are a staff of volunteers and there is never a shortage of stories to tell and photos to share, and that’s why we need your help.
What are we looking for?
Here’s what we need:
- Must be able to commit to writing a minimum of one article every three months for possible inclusion in print or online. More articles are welcome!!
- Strong writing and grammatical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong commitment to quality work and accuracy
- Willingness to have your work edited
- Understanding of journalistic integrity
All stories we publish have a direct tie-in to the City of Hyattsville. This means the story must be focused on a resident, an event happening in the city, or something of immediate concern to the residents of the City of Hyattsville. We also share news related to some neighboring communities, as well.
Want to join the team?
Email me at email@example.com with your availability to cover events and your beat. When submitting your availability it would be helpful for us to know if you are available days or evenings, particular days of the week, monthly, etc.
Thanks again for your interest.